Search This Blog

January 23, 2011

My new beginnings!

So here is my back story.  Met my ex-husband when I was 19, married him when I was 20 and last year I became a single woman.  After almost 20 years of being married I am now venturing back into the dating arena at the age of 40.  How can you compare or even begin to comprehend how much things have changed in one's own personal life and the world around you since the age of 19? How do you navigate the dating world at the age of 40 when mentally you feel like you are that 19 year old all over again?  Tough questions and even tougher to answer, no matter how often I try. 

Alright, tough questions aside, it is agreed that things aren't the same in the dating arena, but I was, and am, game to try it out.  Unfortunately, after a few dates here and there I wasn't really finding any success, no real chemistry or connection.  A friend suggested that I try a dating site instead as a way to sort of introduce my new self back into dating again.  After some contemplation, I figured what the heck, why not try it out.  Instead of signing up for one, however, I signed up with three sites. Might as well see if the odds are in my favor with more sites working to help me out, right?

After a few dates, I decided this journey was too great of a story to be left untold.  My blog is my chronicle of this adventure, because an adventure this surely is in every way!   

No comments:

Post a Comment