Search This Blog

October 13, 2011

Adieu Vieil Ami

Is there anything harder or more tragic to do in life than to bid farewell to something or someone that you love?  As I sit here writing this, the knowledge doesn't make the passing any less painful.  The box, so simple, yet full of what I love and hold dear, cherished really, stares back at me almost mockingly.  So happy have I been with the contents that saying goodbye is almost unbearable.  How could something so wonderful no longer find a place in my life?  It all seems a bit surreal.

Opening the box, it reveals what I already know by heart.  Something practical yet beautiful all the same, that was always able to go with anything I so desired.  However, now as I hold the box and stare within, I see that nothing is quite the same anymore.  Nothing seems to work with its contents, its almost as if the contents have changed, morphed into something unfamiliar and unwelcome.

As I think of closing the lid, I pause again.  I think maybe I have overlooked something.  Surely I am mistaken, there must be at least one thing left in my closet, in my life, that the contents can magically still work with beautifully.  Do I dare grasp for a bit of hope?  Do I hold onto this precious bit of past in the vain belief that "one day" will come again?   Alas, no.  For I know, that no matter how beautiful the contents may have once been for me they will never ring true quite the same ever again.  So I bid farewell mon ami, you were loved and cherished, even if you were not aware; you will not be forgotten as you pass on to your new phase of life without me. I know that I will mourn this passing, for a bit of time, as I now finally close the lid forever. Adieu. 

 Picture can be found here.
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Pourquoi est-disant au revoir si difficile? Les larmes sont donné librement tout comme son cœur.

    ReplyDelete