Search This Blog

February 16, 2011

Should I pack my credit card or gun?

Ever go into a store and wonder why the sales person continually follows you around trying to push some ridiculous shoe on you to purchase?  You came in looking for a classic, black pump and they are under pressure to get rid of last seasons worst seller, some overpriced, trendy flop, or even worse a shoe made for a grandmother. Haven't they paid attention to you and your request?  After all, you are the customer, right?  Unfortunately, they haven't been listening to you and have completely ignored your specific shopping needs.  Your shopping experience has turned into a disaster and all you want to do is flee the store without a purchase.

Lately I have noticed that all three of my dating sites have been sending me "matches" that just aren't working, at least not for me.  Many are old enough to be my father, several live out of state; none of the criteria I have specifically requested is being matched on my end, only on theirs. Seriously, what's a girl to do?  Ignoring them is a great start and which is what I typically do for the most part.  However, they aren't deterred, they just email and wink and email and wink until they finally get agitated that I have completely ignored them and give up. That is for a few weeks and then they start all over again with their attempts to get my attention.

I suppose I could be angry at the lost time and aggravation the sites have created on my end with all of the mismatches they have directed to me, but I accept that as part of the experience.  Overall, the sites do try to filter most of them out for me but many still find a way to skirt around the filters or criteria and contact me.  It is the direct contacts that I find to be the most problematic. Why would someone who likes spending all of their time fishing, hunting, and camping in the great outdoors think that I, who spends most of her time in the city, would be a "perfect match" because we just have so much in common?  Really?  I suppose you could, on a very basic level, compare hunting for a deer to hunting for a good deal on a heel.  The major difference, mine gets bagged and tagged for me once I hand them my credit card and no firearm was necessary for the hunt.   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment