Search This Blog

February 07, 2011

Why Comfort Sucks!

The last couple of weeks was like a triathlon of dating for me.  A date almost every single day or night, which unbelievably can be rather exhausting.  Finally some time to rest and reflect on what has been going on with my life, that is until my date tonight. 

I met some great guys and some not so great.  Again, another one who refused to stand when meeting me and a couple who just didn't relate to me enough on any level for either of us to want to experience a second date. However, I have actually met a couple that I am happily interested in and would like to get to know them better. 

One is simply fabulous, almost too perfect for me in all ways.  The major drawback for me is he is "comfortable."  No one wants to buy that shoe.  It doesn't really matter that you can stand and walk in that shoe for an entire week without removing it and never feeling tired, the shoe is just simply atrocious. You can't bring yourself to walk over to the display to touch it, most less try it on for size.  It is just not foot worthy, as beauty, like life, should never be too comfortable.

Instead, I am, of course, drawn to the one on display that will definitely cause me discomfort and possibly pain, is a bit too high, maybe a tiny bit too pointy, and will definitely cause my calves and feet to scream for hours.  However, pain and discomfort aside, it fits wonderfully and I feel simply amazing when I have that beauty on my foot.   

I suppose I have known what my decision would be but it doesn't make it any less easier to tell my comfortable friend that I am not interested in him.  How does one explain that you would rather enjoy a life that is filled with occassional beauty, love, and a bit of pain and discomfort, rather than a boring life that is always just comfortable? 

No comments:

Post a Comment