Search This Blog

August 23, 2011

Flips Are Always A Flop

I recently was invited out for a weekend dinner date.  We had reservations at a very nice wine restaurant so I dressed appropriately with a gorgeous Maxi dress and a delicious pair of strapy black heels. Imagine my surprise and complete disappointment when upon arriving, my date was wearing jeans, an un-tucked shirt and FLIP-FLOPS. 

Now don't misinterpret my utter distaste, shock, and judgement over this blatant fashion faux pas.  I am not opposed to casual dress or flip-flops.  However, flip-flops are never an appropriate form of footwear for a man when venturing out on a Friday night date, unless you live on the beach.  I, as you might suspect, do not live at the beach, so this was absolutely unacceptable.  Needless to say, this was our first and last date.  No one wants to stare at hairy, un-kept toes while trying to enjoy a nice meal and conversation.  Sorry guys. 



1 comment: