Search This Blog

November 03, 2011

Where Do You Shop - Local, National, International?

When I was much younger, my tastes and interests were pretty limited.  Unless something was familiar, I didn't venture too far out from my comfort zones.  However, with age, my horizons and tastes have expanded.  Cheeseburgers no longer hold the same appeal to the newer version of me, they don't nearly capture my attention like a freshly made sushi roll.  Soda will never make me stop in my tracks the way the smell of freshly ground and brewed espresso will every time.  Or how I can pass aisle after aisle of shoes without a passing glance but will immediately stop for a moment of heel reverence in the designer shoe section at Nordstrom.   

Remaining only "local" no longer entices me or holds my interest as it did before either.  Seeing and discovering what is available, maybe only a few cities over, a state or more away, even in other countries is so much more intriguing. Learning how different and unique something is in the UK, Italy, or New York in comparison to what is available to me locally is not only an experience it is a true education. Seeing firsthand how unique and different an item is from Italy as compared to something locally is just a  magical gift.  Everything is not always perfect though, sometimes local is better in comparison to the foreign version. Unfortunately, if you don't have the free spirit and open mind to take the step to make that determination you will never know either way.  Enjoy the journey; wherever the path might take you, don't hesitate to follow.

 
 
Photo can be found here  


1 comment: