Search This Blog

December 26, 2011

How long do you take to reply?

Lately it seems like I am always waiting for someone to return a call or text me back.  Why are they always taking so long in responding?  I am completely perplexed by this phenomena. Before, when everyone didn't have cell phones, droids, iphones, or ipads at their side 24/7, we relied on speaking with people in person or via a land line.  If someone sent you a letter you were ecstatic to receive it knowing they took the time to write.  You always answered your phone at home or ensured that you returned the missed call immediately upon arriving. 

Personally, when someone emails, calls, or texts me, I am always quick to respond.  I believe it is polite, just good manners really, to respond to the person as soon as I can.  After all, they have taken time out of their own busy day to think of me.

Being that we are in the holiday season, we tend to reach out more than usual, thinking of others we may have lost touch with over time.  Do yourself a favor and take a moment and think of the person reaching out to you during the season and respond with warmth, kindness, and above all timely.  Don't leave them hanging like a forgotten, dropped phone call. 



Phone image found here.

  

1 comment: