Search This Blog

December 14, 2011

Saying Goodbye is Always Difficult

Why is saying good-bye so difficult?  I recently had to finally say adieu to someone very close and special to me. It was so painful and still is and probably will be for some time to come.  The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I was able to say adieu to them properly before they passed, that I was able to smile, laugh, kiss, and hug them one final time and remember our last moments together as being wonderful and happy.

Today I wore something of theirs that is so simple and beautiful, don't know why I don't wear it more often because I do love it, so I have thought of them all day long.  How is it that happy thoughts from something so small, like the pearl necklace I wore today, merged with a painful loss, can actually make the pain in one's chest seem less?  Quite remarkable really.

1 comment: