Search This Blog

January 17, 2012

Playing Games

Being that I am still fairly new to the dating scene again, so many of my friends, both male and female, have spent many hours in trying to assist me in the art of "the game."  Personally I enjoy playing games but detest all of the rules, the more complicated, the less likely I will want to play.  Clear-cut, simple, non-complicated, that is me for the most part.  If I am required to follow "rules" I want to at least know what they are so I can follow them as precisely as possible.

Unfortunately that is not the case with dating as the rules are more gray, if anything, and continually change.  Why must I pretend to not like someone when I do, not answer when they call when I want to talk, ignore a text for a few days, or worse, pretend to be busy when I am not and would like to see them?  It is simply exhausting all of the rules that I am told to follow by everyone, leading me to absolutely abhor these games.  It is like trying to find a bargain basement sale of Manolo Blahnik shoes. The only way to find the sale is with the use of an encrypted map, a map that has streets and landmarks that have changed.  Nothing is decipherable on this map and the location continues to move.

I understand and appreciate the idea, the necessity of the hunt, if you will, between a man and a woman.  However, even a hunter and its prey realize you need some form of direct, understandable, and reliable information and direction to lead you through the forest either away or towards one another.  Otherwise, you won't ever make it out of the woods. 


Image found here

No comments:

Post a Comment